Friday, August 3, 2007

First day of chemo

Chemo went fairly well. Took about two hrs. total after they
finally got him hooked up. He got nausea medicine thru IV
first, then the chemo. I think I should have got some nausea
stuff, too.

I don't know if it was just being in "that place" or what.
Lots of memories...and smells... from the days when I was
there. Almost like I was getting a treatment. :-(
I was relieved to get out of there!

They called in two medicines for nausea, just in case.
Hope he doesn't have to use them!

He didn't get sick or anything, so this first treatment
wasn't too bad. He didn't feel too good today, but
hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow.

I think I was in worse shape afterward than he was. I never
even thought about how I would feel or react to being in
that setting again after all these years. It was almost
like I was back in the middle of chemo again. Memories
flooded back that I had not thought about for many, many
years!

God's blessings to you all!
Lillian

No comments: